Speedy, Stable, and Light: Introducing the Updated New Balance 870 v4
The 4th generation New Balance 870 offers the speedy under foot feel and uncompromising, unobtrusive stability mild overpronators crave! The new midsole design enables a sleeker transition and ride thanks to the full ABZORB crash pad and reconfigured medial posting. Overall, the v4 offers an improved shape to the shoe, which can be attributed to the new last (platform), and can open this shoe up to a whole new foot population!
The evolution of the 870 continues to deliver the surprising lightness of REVlite technology with the security a light overpronator needs during everyday training runs. The redesigned medial post in the v4 places the fanned construction with a filled structure that doesn't extend to the top of the midsole. With a softer layer of REVlite cushioning between the foot and the posting it provides a sleeker transition and softer under foot feel without sacrificing stability. Ready to run lighter, but don't want to compromise the support you need? Come try the redesigned New Balance 870 v4!
Weight: Mens 9.2 oz, Womens 7.9 oz. Available in widths
New to the Version 4
- Built on the PL-8 last providing more width in the forefoot opening up the fit compared to the pointed fit of the v3
- More blown rubber in the forefoot
- Overall the shoe feels softer and more substantial
- Light-stability trainer with increased ground contact
- Continues to use REVlite in the midsole, which is 30% lighter than standard EVA foam
- Upper: New Ghosted overlays provide a snug midfoot wrap while the asymmetrical heel counter acts as part of the stability system.
- "Comfortable. Light. This version has more generous width accommodating more foot shapes. I like that I cannot feel the stability, which I think would be good for those who have never been in a stability shoe but needs a little support. The shoe feels very cushioned but responsive when running" - Jen Y.
- "Nice open toe box and feels true to size. Lots of nice soft cushioning. Nice update! I like that they opened up the fit in the toe. Softer cushioning meaning it will be a nice fit for that person needing a shoe with a little stability. Love it!" - Korene H.
- "The new 870 v4 fits great! With a snug heel, and midfoot, it helps to make you feel as if you're locked in. The forefoot feels nice and relaxed allowing the toes to expand naturally. Light, light, light! The added REVlite midsole makes it feel like air on my foot!" - Chris T.